- David Holiday, Stone Room Concerts, Falls Church, VA
"Heather Mae brings her powerful songs, her passion, and her high-energy presence wherever she performs. Whether at Falcon Ridge as an Emerging Artist; as a winner at the Songwriters Association of Washington; or in an intimate setting at my Folk 'N Great Music house concert, she delights and connects with her audiences. Heather Mae is an extraordinary new talent!"
- Cheryl Kagan, Folk 'N Great Music, Rockville MD
HOUSE CONCERTS ARE...
An awesome way to both impress your friends with your amazing taste in music and support your favorite musicians. Think of it as a potluck or party with live entertainment. By hosting a house concert, you are providing the space for a once-in-a-blue-moon musical event where fan and musician meet, tell stories, and drink beer and eat good food. Its better than a coffeehouse show and you don't have to leave the comfort of your home to hear Heather Mae's music.
HOW TO HOST:
To start, is your home big enough to host 15-30 people? You may be surprised how many people can fit in a small living room, loft, or backyard. After a date is picked, create an invite (Heather provides all the necessary info), invite your friends, gather some chairs, patio furniture, or ask your guests to bring a bag chair with them. Arrange the seating in concert style (the cozier the better) then let Heather Mae take it from there!
There are three options that are acceptable:
- SUGGESTED DONATION: Guests are notified AHEAD OF TIME of a pre-determined suggested donation amount. Tip buckets are placed in high traffic areas around the house. With this option, please keep in mind that someone is bound to drop out last minute and it's courtesy for the host to cover the cost. Not necessary but it's always nice! :)
- SUGGESTED DONATION + HOST GUARANTEE: Same as above but with a fee provided by the host. This guarantee is set by the host. Transaction is sealed with grateful hugs and thanks from Heather Mae.
- PRIVATE PARTY STYLE: Host pays Heather Mae a fee and guests attend no charge.
2:00 - 2:30 PM: Guests arrive, eat, drink, and be merry
2:30 - 3:00 PM: First set of music
3:00 - 3:10 PM: Break
3:10 - 3:40 PM: Second set of music
3:40 - 4:00 PM: Merch and meet
4:00 - 4:30 PM: Hangs and hugs
7:00 - 7:30 PM: Guests arrive, eat, drink, and be merry
7:30 - 8:00 PM: First set of music
8:00 - 8:10 PM: Break
8:10 - 8:40 PM: Second set of music
8:40 - 9:00 PM: Merch and meet
9:00 - 9:30 PM: Hangs and hugs
When there is a will, there is a way! Here are a couple ideas to rally the troops and gather your friends:
1. Join forces with a friend or family member
2. Special occasions that combine well with a house concert: housewarming parties, birthdays, retirement parties, and anniversaries
3. Events that focus on gathering friends: brunch, dinner parties, "dessert and song", and themed house parties
To invite your friends, you can use individual e-mails, a private or public Facebook event, Evite or Paperless Post – whatever you are most comfortable with. Heather Mae can absolutely help with this. Please check out the invite template at the bottom of this page! Feel free to use and edit as you see fit.
I'M INTERESTED. NOW WHAT?:
Email Heather Mae!
HOUSE CONCERT INVITE TEMPLATE:
I’m excited to tell you that I will be hosting a house concert on _______ and I've asked one of my favorite musicians, Heather Mae, to play an intimate house concert in my home. Heather Mae is a pop-folk musician from Washington, DC and I've asked her to play because [insert your love of Heather Mae here].
You can find her music here:
If you would like to attend, and I think you would, please respond by _______ and let me know how many people are in your party! This is a house show, so there is limited space – so of course we want to make sure you are counted before it fills up.
Here are the details:
- There is a suggested donation of ______ per guest. We ask each guest to donate what they can at the door and to consider purchasing Heather Mae's newest record or other merch to support her tour & artistic endeavors!
- The concert will be a potluck-style event [IF IT IS], so please bring a dish to share if you’d like.
- We will start hanging out at __ PM and music begins promptly at __ PM.
- The event takes place at the following address: ________
- (Do people need to bring anything else? folding chairs, etc?)
- (Do you need to provide information about parking? If so, do that here.)
Thank you for helping me support a talented, independent musician. This will be a night to remember!